The BayNVC Immersion Program
February 15 – 20, 2019
Nonviolent Communication is about more than what you say.
It’s about developing internal resources to realize our potential and live in line with our values. It’s about showing up authentically and compassionately in all circumstances, learning to care more fully for ourselves and for others, and transforming moments of immobility and helplessness into experiences of power and choice.
The Immersion Program offers training to:
- Transform recurring conflicts
- Enhance your ability to support others
- Find more balance and clarity with your own “triggers”
- Shift areas of your life that seem stuck
- Deepen your capacity for listening and empathy
- Build community focused on nonviolence
About the Program
BIP attracts a range of NVC practitioners: those who are relatively new as well as more experienced students, including alumni of BayNVC’s Leadership Program and previous Immersion Programs. Participants find great value in the continuity of the monthly meetings and the opportunity to learn and grow in a lively community.
2019 Program Dates:
Living Peace Retreat: 5-day Residential training, February 15-20, Boulder Creek, CA.
Please register separately for the Living Peace Retreat here.
8-month Intensive: Monthly weekend programs, 9:30am – 5:00pm, Berkeley, CA.
- March 16, 17: A Strong and Vital Heart: Empathy under Fire
- April 13, 14: The Myth of Perfection: Maturing through Self-acceptance and Growth
- May 18, 19: Being Real When It Counts: Authenticity and Vulnerability
- June 8, 9: Radical Responsibility: Giving and Receiving Without Shame
- July 13 & 21: Multiple workshops on different topics with guest trainers.*
- August 17, 18: The Art of Healing: Mourning and Reconciliation
- September 14, 15: Bridging the Gap: Skills for Mediation
- October 12, 13: A Deeper Freedom: Power, Resources and Choice
* You are invited to bring friends or family to the July workshops, free of charge!
Please download and read the BIP Info Packet before applying, then register here.