French NVC Pre-Intensive Workshop
June 16 – 19, 2019
Can NVC be used to bridge differences in social location and connect people across gender, ethnicity, caste, religion, power? Can NVC be shared in a way that connects people with it’s relevance and power to impact their lives?
Join me at an incredible four-day event in the lush French countryside that can transform how you think about and share NVC in other settings. The four-day event will consist of two workshops:
June 16 and 17: Making NVC Work for All
Dive into an NVC-centered approach to connect across differences, to:
- Explore the ways that social characteristics, such as country of origin, gender, income, education impact how we are seen by others and how we see the world.
- Identify ways to talk about differences in access to power, rank and privilege that connect rather than distance us
- Learn strategies to speak up about social injustice that move away from blaming and shaming but still retain their full power
- Understand the many ways NVC consciousness can empower social change work to increase cohesion and effectiveness
June 18 and 19: NVC Workshops that Hit the Spot, with Mireille Van Bremen
Engage in this highly experiential workshop where you will develop and receive feedback on an NVC workshop for the audience of your choice. You will have an opportunity to
- Identify the challenges that your specific audience might be facing
- Hone in on the specific NVC principles that will speak most clearly to your audience
- Develop a training that helps people see how to apply NVC to their situations
- Design and select activities that speak to the needs of those in the room
- Learn to use graphic facilitation to support learning
- Use these skills to craft marketing materials that draw people in and help fill your room
- Learn how to how to link principle based teaching to a visual style of facilitating
- Work on developing training materials that visually illustrate the concepts that are the the basis for your training.
You’ll leave this workshop having applied these techniques to at least one group with whom you’d like to work, with clarity on what you can offer them, and the frame of the workshop completed.