Equitable Facilitation: Supporting Equity Through Leadership
September 13 – October 4, 2023
September 13: 9:00 am-11:00 am
September 20: 9:00 am-11:00 am
September 27: 9:00 am-11:00 am
October 4: 9:00 am-11:00 am
An Online Series with Roxy Manning and NVC Academy
- Attune your facilitation to the ways assumptions and perspectives that impact the group
- Navigate the ‘how’ of being together with more ease, effectiveness, and grace
- Establish structures that support each person’s equitable participation
- Guide your group toward decisions everyone can stand behind
Schedule – Dates & Times:
Wednesdays, September 13-October 4, 2023 (four sessions)
9:00-11:00am Pacific (California) Time
$171 until August 23 ($213 after)
NVC Library members: $137 until August 23 ($171 after)
Enter coupon code NVCL at time of checkout.
To get stuff done, groups need to come together.
What happens when the group is composed of individuals who share the same mission, but who vary widely in their life experiences?
So many times, those groups start out with a clear sense of the ‘what’ that is bringing them together, but fall apart as they try to navigate the ‘how’ of being together.
There are various ways in which prior assumptions and individual perspectives impact how a group works together. Facilitating in a way that is attuned to these is key.
For instance, how do you determine who needs to be in the room? What should you consider in deciding the agenda or focus for the gathering?
What structures can you establish that will support each person’s equitable participation? How do you navigate expressions of unconscious use of power and privilege that impact the group?
What can you do to guide the group toward decisions that everyone can stand behind?
This course is an opportunity to:
- Explore several essential components of facilitation using caring for all, power-with lens
- Identify and gather together the people who need to be in the room
- Learn tips and strategies for ensuring all voices are heard
- Grow your capacity to name and address power dynamics and unconscious bias that impact group members’ experience
- Video and audio recordings of every session
- Forum discussion available in the classroom
- Lifetime access to the classroom
When you register, you will receive an email with complete instructions on how to access your course. Note that course recordings display images of active speakers only, and are made available to all registrants.